Raul Perez Ballaga is a founding partner of Ballaga & Freedman, LLP. Ballaga is amongst a select number of Florida attorneys that are Board Certified by The Florida Bar as an expert in Real Estate Law. He is actively involved in various real estate industry organizations where he stays informed on recent legal trends, including new legislation and cases affecting real estate clients. Ballaga’s experience, expertise and diligence combine to maximize the optimal results for his clients.
Ballaga’s experience includes representation of real estate owners, investors, developers, landlords, tenants and lenders in the acquisition, sale, development, lease and finance of real property. He also has extensive experience in title insurance matters where he has represented title insurance underwriters and insureds in claims involving title defects, boundary disputes, lien priority conflicts, fraud and related matters. Ballaga’s practice also includes representation of businesses and their owners in the formation of business entities, preparation of partnership and joint venture agreements, and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements.
Ballaga is fluent in Spanish and uses his bilingual skills to help foreign clients navigate through unique tax and corporate structuring issues they encounter when investing in U.S. real estate.
- St. Thomas University, Juris Doctorate – 2000
- Florida International University, Bachelor of Arts – 1997
- The Florida Bar – 2000
- Coral Gables Bar Association – 2014
- Board Certified in Real Estate by The Florida Bar – 2008
- AV® rated by Martindale-Hubbell – 2013
- “Contract to Closing” – Basic Real Estate Course – Young Lawyers Division of The Florida Bar
- “Transaction Analysis” – Advanced Real Estate and Certification Review Course – The Florida Bar
- “Condominium and HOA Lien Priority” – The Fund Assembly – Attorneys Title Fund Services, LLC
Industry & Community Involvement
- Wish Granter for the Make a Wish Foundation of Southern Florida – 2014
- Executive Council Member – Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section – 2011
- Miami-Dade Mortgage Fraud Taskforce – 2008
- Florida International University Alumni Association – 2008